This beautiful grammar cabinet replaces the Grammar Filling Boxes and is a stunning addition to any prepared environment. The body is made from wood with and the drawers are made of cardstock paper. The cabinet is a lovely, heirloom upgrade from the plastic hardware organizers often seen in classrooms.
To fit all of the grammar box material cards, you will need to build TWO cabinets, each with 28 drawers. The drawers are larger than most plastic hardware drawers, but the narrow size still requires small format cards, such as the ones in our Printable Grammar Box Bundle. Please check the dimensions of your classroom materials if you are using grammar cards from a different manufacturer.
- Final cabinet size: 13.5” x 5.5” x 14”
- Final drawer size: 2 5/8″ x 5 1/2″ x 1 1/2″
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR EACH CABINET
- One 1″x6″x6′
- One 2’x4′ sheet of 3/16″ plywood
- Cardstock paper
- Various fasteners
- The detailed five page PDF includes cut lists, diagrams, and photos.
- My husband helped me make the grammar cabinet and write the instructions. This set of plans assumes knowledge of woodworking tools and access to tools. The project is suitable for moderately experienced woodworkers.
You may also be interested in the quilted Grammar Mat Sewing Pattern to complete the set.