Red Sample – The Rhyme and Reason Reading Program
Interested in the Rhyme and Reason Reading Program, but you’re not sure if you want to fully commit? Try the first section of the program! Red covers phonemic awareness and CVC words. See the Scope and Sequence to see precisely what is covered in this first part.
The Rhyme and Reason Reading Program is a complete evidence-based reading program that you can use in your Montessori elementary classroom.
This listing only contains the pdf files for the red materials only. Buy the full digital bundle here. To fully use the reading program, you will need the guidebook. You can find a physical copy on Amazon, or you can purchase the eBook
Red Material Digital Files Only.
- Every material you need to cover the first part of the program, called “red,” is provided in this download.
- Every card is labeled for easy sorting and storage.
- 23 hand drawn picture cards for developing phonemic awareness. Each picture represents one of the sounds (phonemes) of English.
- ~80 black and white picture cards are the main material for the program. The front of the card has a minimalist image and the back of the card has the word written in print and cursive.
- 8 flip booklets accompany each set of cards so that the student can practice decoding without picture clues.
- 8 mini decodable readers to practice what they’ve learned.
- The printable digital files allow you to replace lost or damaged cards easily.
Some further notes:
- The PDF files are designed to be printed double-sided.
- I print on cardstock paper. Personally, I don’t laminate.
- For the flip booklets, I cut up colored scrapbook paper to make the “covers.”
- I store my materials in three of these cabinets. Totally optional, but the materials were designed to work in these drawers.
This listing is only for the digital downloads, if you’re looking for a physical copy of The Rhyme and Reason Reading Program book, hop on over to Amazon.