What you get:
- Clock of Eons poster with numbers of a clock around the edge (Classic design)
- Clock of Eons poster with circular timeline around the edge to show when different events happened on Earth.
- Nomenclature cards with suggested activities for using the cards.
- Time chart matching activity so that the student can practice putting the eons in order.
A note on Eons and Eras:
This lesson really ought to be called the “Clock of Eons” not the “Clock of Eras.” Paleozoic, Mesozoic, and Cenozoic are eras, whereas Hadean, Archaean, Paleozoic, and Phanerozoic are eons.
In the original Clock of Eras, the eras and eons are mixed together and they are all called eras.
A note on colors:
The colors of the clock come from the Timeline of Life. The original Timeline of Life only featured the Phanerozoic eon. So when the clock was made, the other eons could be any color: black and yellow were chosen.
This clock was designed to work with the Rhyme and Reason Timeline of Life which does feature the other eons. I have matched the colors in the clock to the timeline.
- These cards were designed to be stored in index card storage boxes. The control card is 3” x 5”
- Print double sided, the back of each card is labelled “Clock of Eons”