In addition to this printable, you will need:
- A globe. Any globe with a base will do, you can use a Montessori material or a regular globe.
- A brad to attach the Sun arrow to the months circle.
- Tape to attach the months circle to the base of the globe.
- A light to represent the Sun.
- Print. Cut out the shapes. Laminate. Cut out the laminated shapes.
- Poke a hole through the months circle and the Sun arrow.
- Attach the Sun arrow to the bottom of the months circle with the brad.
- See the pictures above for proper placement before taping.
- Align the northern hemisphere summer position with the summer solstice on the months circle.
- Summer solstice is at the end of June. Where the wheel turns from green to yellow.
- Tape the months circle to the base of your globe.
- Tape the “North Star” in your room wherever north actually points. While your earth orbits, ensure the North Pole is always oriented north.